- What is an ecological brick?
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Advantages of ecological brick
- Disadvantages of ecological brick
- Main doubts regarding the ecological brick
- 01. House project that mixes the use of ecological bricks with masonry.
- 02. Eco house seen from inside; the bricks painted in white leave the environment elegantly rustic...
- 03. Kitchen wall in ecological brick; they can enter your home composing only construction...
- 04. The rustic appearance of ecological bricks is a great asset of this material.
- 05. The gray ecological bricks leave the juvenile room with a more modern appearance.
- 06. The ecological brick house can receive traditional finishing of plaster and thin mass in some...
- 07. Facade of a modern house all built with ecological bricks.
- 08. Here, the ecological bricks were only used aesthetically in the environment.
- 09. Industrial style room with ecological brick walls.
- 10. Grouting is an indispensable part of finishing on ecological brick walls.
- 11. The white paint brings a clean and very cozy atmosphere to the ecological bricks.
- 12. The ecological bricks get well any color and with this end they fall into different proposals...
- 13. Ecological brick house with facade in the natural color of the material.
- 14. The option of keeping green brick in natural appearance, besides representing an economy, is...
- 15. In this large house, ecological bricks appear only on one part of the wall.
- 16. The lighting embedded in the plaster lining gave the whole highlight to the ecological brick...
- 17. Not only rural houses and countryside live the ecological bricks; nowadays it is possible to...
- 18. Enjoy that the bricks are up and invest in them in your renovation or construction.
- 19. Fireplace built with ecological brick.
- 20. Modern house facade with only one of the walls in ecological brick.
- 21. The room of the couple got more cozy with the ecological brick wall.
- 22. In this kitchen, the half wall in ecological brick has gained a protection in glass that avoids...
- 23. If you can not invest in real green bricks, you can be content to have at least the appearance...
- 24. Ecological brick for the division of internal environments.
- 25. Give new air to your home with an eco-friendly brick wall in the living room.
- 26. The built-in kitchen was very charming with the small wall of exposed brick.
- 27. Ecological bricks can also be used for the construction of grills and wood stoves.
- 28. Ecological bricks to give that extra touch in the environments.
- 29. Industrial style house like a glove with ecological bricks.
- 30. Painted in green, the eco-friendly bricks of this kitchen harmonize perfectly with the...
- 31. For those who think that it is not possible to build bigger houses and buildings with...
- 32. A distinctive painting to further enhance the brick wall.
- 33. Tijolinhos apparent: the face of a modern and uncluttered decor.
- 34. Like any building system, eco-friendly bricks allow the use of all types of doors and windows.
- 35. Living room with ecological brick wall.
- 36. The rustic and the modern meet in this brick-walled kitchen.
- 37. A comfortable and inviting house built with ecological bricks.
- 38. The classic boiseries formed a beautiful contrast with the rustic brickwork.
- 39. Whatever the architectural design of your home, eco-friendly bricks can be used.
- 40. Beautiful combination of the natural tone of the bricks with the royal blue in the details of...
- 41. That dull wall of your kitchen can gain new air with the application of brick.
- 42. It could be a typical masonry house, but it's made of ecological brick.
- 43. Despite being a different building system, eco-friendly bricks allow for all kinds of layout...
- 44. Typical London construction made with ecological bricks.
- 45. Sobrado made in ecological brick; highlight the white paint used on the facade.
- 46. Wood and ecological brick: could not be more comfortable and inviting than that.
- 47. This outside area was beautifully graced with an ecological brick wall.
- 48. Even the small imperfections of the ecological brick become beautiful.
- 49. Super modern environment with white ecological brick wall.
- 50. Small plants can not be lacking in an ecological brick house.
- 51. Wow! What a beautiful setting, full of contrasts!
- 52. The stars of this toilet are the ecological brick and the burnt cement.
- 53. Double room with exposed brick wall; rustic and modern in the same space.
- 54. Already here, the union of different styles and materials is what stands out.
- 55. Metal and ecological brick for a facade full of personality.
- 56. The green in the decoration brings the ecological brick closer to the idea of nature.
- 57. A beautiful inspiration for lovers of clean decorations.
- 58. The white ecological brick helps to contrast the wood pieces of the kitchen, but without losing...
- 59. Here, the ecological brick comes to give a slight break in elegant and sober aesthetics.
- 60. A façade perfect for those who enjoy the rustic style of the exposed brick.
If you, like many people out there are interested in green building, sustainable, fast, beautiful and inexpensive, you've probably heard about ecological bricks. However, the construction system that involves this type of brick is the subject of many discussions, both of those who passionately love the bricks, and of those who can not even look at them.
But, after all, why do green bricks go from eight to eighty like that, in the blink of an eye? Follow the post with us that we will clarify all this for you. At the end, you can draw your own conclusions, check:
What is an ecological brick?
Ecological brick is a type of brick used in construction made from a mixture of soil, cement and water, and the proportion of cement used is only 10%. But what makes green brick ecological, in fact, is the absence of burning in its manufacturing process, ie it does not release CO2 into the atmosphere.
These three elements are mixed until they form a homogeneous compound where they are subsequently molded, pressed and compacted in manual or hydraulic presses. After pressing the bricks undergo a curing and drying process that lasts about 28 days.
Some ecological bricks also receive in their composition bagasse, tires and tailings from the construction, which makes them even more sustainable.
However, the ecological brick is not only ecological from the point of view of its manufacture. Other features that include this construction system also contribute to the ecological and sustainable aspect of the work, we will punctuate this in more detail below.
Advantages and disadvantages
Ecological bricks have numerous advantages and disadvantages and you need to know them all before venturing into this type of construction, so here's a check list:
Advantages of ecological brick
A construction made with ecological brick is much faster than a traditional masonry construction. This is mainly due to the system used in this type of construction, much simpler and more efficient. So if you want a home ready in no time, eco brick is the ideal option.
No break breaks
Ecological bricks have holes in their structure that allow the passage of water pipes, sewage, light and gas, for example. This unique characteristic of ecological bricks makes the work, in addition to being faster, also cleaner, since there is no need to break the walls after they are ready for passage of the pipes. When the house arrives in the last row of bricks all the installations are already ready, that is to say, the pipes follow the process of ascent of the walls.
Reduction of rubble
If there is no break, there is no debris. This is a great advantage for the environment and also for your pocket as you save on hiring of buckets and reduce waste of materials.
Ecological bricks have a great thermal comfort system, keeping the temperature inside the residence always pleasant, cool or warm.
An eco brick building can cost up to 40% less than a masonry building, for example. Much of this economy comes from the fact that this type of work waives the use of finishes. Just to give you an idea, an ecological brick construction saves about 80% on cement, 50% on iron and up to 100% on wood used as pillars. Ecological bricks also better distribute the weight of the work as a whole, which, in addition to providing more security, has a direct impact on the foundation of the house, making it possible to reduce costs with the infrastructure.
Durability and resistance
Despite its fragile appearance, eco-friendly bricks are up to six times stronger than a common concrete block. However, here is an alert: make sure the origin of the ecological brick you are buying. There are many serious businesses, just as there are bad companies that do not meet the required technical specifications. Therefore, the recommendation here is to require a technical report from the company that proves that the bricks produced follow the standards determined by ABNT and therefore are really safe and of good quality.
One of the great advantages of eco-brick is that it totally eliminates the use of wall finishes, such as plaster, thin concrete, plaster or ceramic tiles, although it accepts them all very well. The rustic appearance of the bricks is very beautiful and can - and should - be on display. The only recommendation is to waterproof the bricks, especially in the external areas, since they tend to absorb moisture. You can do this using varnish or resin. For those who prefer a cleaner look you can bet on the good old paint, it protects the bricks without taking away the natural look of the material. Only in wet areas such as the bathroom that it is recommended to use ceramic tiles, even to facilitate the process of cleaning the place.
It is also worth mentioning that ecological bricks must receive application of grout. This is perhaps the only required finish for this type of material, along with resin or varnish.
Friend of the environment
Again, it is important to note that green bricks are not called by chance. So if you want to think about a sustainable building model, that might be the main and best option. In addition to reducing the emission of CO2 into the atmosphere due to the absence of burning of the bricks, this material also contributes to the reduction of construction waste and even the need to consume other products such as cement, mortar, iron, wood and finishes generally.
Disadvantages of ecological brick
Now follow the other side of the coin that surrounds the ecological bricks:
Lack of skilled labor
This is one of the biggest problems when it comes to green bricks. The lack of skilled labor in this type of construction can generate a lot of headaches, as well as throwing away all the main advantages of this material, such as debris reduction, economy and durability.
Nowadays it is possible to find some companies specialized in the construction of ecological brick houses, but even so it is good to be careful. Search and check all the information about the company so you do not have unpleasant surprises. When in doubt, look for an architect or engineer who can guide your project.
Need for a complete project before the beginning of the project
The construction with ecological brick does not tolerate changes in its structure after ready, like extensions, openings or spans. Therefore it is indispensable that all - all - aspects of the house be very well evaluated before the construction. It is important from the outset to design lighting, water and sewage, as well as the exact location of doors, windows and other openings. Remember, when you are ready, the house can not be modified.
Difficulty of access to the purchase of ecological bricks
Ecological bricks are becoming popular, but it is still not easy to find them for sale on the market. And that can be a big problem, since you're likely to need to shell out money freight from a city - sometimes even from one state - to another. And remember, before you buy your bricks, have all the company certifications at hand. Another important detail: in case there is a need to buy a new batch of bricks, make a purchase from the same company, because significant differences can occur between the bricks of each company, both with regard to color, size and quality of the material.
Higher wall thickness
If the area you have available for construction is small it is necessary to evaluate with a little more caution the use of ecological bricks, this is due to the fact that this type of brick is bigger and, consequently, increase the thickness of the walls and, with this, reduce the size of each environment.
Price of ecological brick
The average price of one million organic brick can range from $ 600 to $ 750 depending on the region in which it is being marketed. Is it more expensive than the block of concrete and the brick of Bahia? Yes, it's more expensive. But here you should note the cost benefit, since the ecological brick will dispense with the use of finishes, so in the end, you will save with plaster, plaster and thin mass, for example.
Main doubts regarding the ecological brick
Are the ecological bricks all the same?
No. Ecological bricks may vary by factory, but, in general, they have the same production characteristics, components and functionality. However, for the construction, three types of ecological brick are used: the integers (used for lifting walls), the means (responsible for making the moorings and creating the spaces necessary for the openings) and the channels (used for the beams and construction moorings).
Is the way of building with ecological brick the same as for ordinary masonry?
No. Ecological brick houses follow a different pattern in relation to the construction of masonry houses, especially as regards the structure of beams and columns. Ecological bricks receive braces and lashings along the entire wall structure with spacing of usually one meter between each.
What is the hole in the ecological brick?
The characteristic holes of the ecological bricks serve to pass the pipes of water, light and sewage. The columns of the building also pass through the holes of the ecological bricks.
Is it possible to build houses with more than one floor with ecological brick?
Yes, it is perfectly possible. Ecological brick houses can receive concrete slabs and more than one deck as long as they are properly structured for this. For constructions above three floors it is recommended to use columns like those made in traditional masonry works.
After this marathon of questions and answers regarding the use of the ecological brick, very probably you have already given your sentence. And whatever the verdict we still want to present 60 images of houses built with ecological bricks. They can reinforce or question your judgment, check out: