- Patchwork Cushion
- Morning Star !
- Cushion in patchwork - material needed:
- Patchwork Cushion - Molds
- How to do it step by step:
- Cuts and Risks
Morning Star !
- Block size 30 X30 cm
- Cushion ready 50 X 50 cm
Cushion in patchwork - material needed:
- Fabrics in 2 different colors
- Color A (dark) pink poa,
- Color B (light) strawberries
- Acrilon (acrylic blanket) a square of 52 X 52 cm
- One 52 x 52 cm square lining fabric
- Paper card
- Cutting board
- Circular cutter
- Sewing machine
- 100% Cotton Line
Patchwork Cushion - Molds
01 square with 13.5 X 13.5 cm and
01 square with 11.5 X 11.5 cm
How to do it step by step:
Trace us fabrics:
- 2 squares 13.5 X 13.5 cm color A
- 4 squares 11.5 X 11.5 cm color A
- 2 squares 13.5 X 13.5 cm color B
- 1 square 11.5 X 11.5 cm color B
Cuts and Risks
1) Cut 1 6 cm strip in each fabric color, set aside.
Cut 2 rectangles 30 x 52 cm to the back of the cushion.
2) Cut the squares with the scissors or circular cutter.
3) All cut squares
4) Make two diagonal scratches of the squares Color B forming an X
5) Place the scribed squares on top of the squares color A, right with right.
6) Make two parallel seams on one of the risks.
7) Cut over the scratches, forming triangles.
8) Pass the triangles by always dropping the seams to the side of the darker fabric.
9) Place the triangles and the entire squares on the table forming the block design.
10) Snap the triangle seams well before sewing.
11) Sew the triangles to form the squares.
12) Pass, turning the seams to one side.
13) Put it back on the table, now with all the triangles sewn, paying close attention not to reverse the position of the drawing
14) Pin the squares of the first row.
15) Sew the squares, making 3 rows.
16) Pass again to hit the seams.
17) Put on the table
18) Cut the leftovers to better fit the seams.
19) Attach the three strips respecting the order of assembly
20) Block ready!
21) Sew the strip of color B on top and bottom of the block, then on the sides.
22) Cut the leftovers from the strip.
23) Pass to hit the seams.
24) Sew the second color strip A first up and down, then the sides of the block.
25) Pass again always taking care to open the seams, so that the block does not become biased.
26) Lay the lining fabric, acrylone, and patchwork on the table.
27) pin the whole piece by joining the three layers.
28) sew around each strip and around the squares.
29) Place the free quilt shoe in the machine.
30) And make free seams on top of the two straps.
31) Make a 1cm double sheath on the two 30x50cm rectangles on the fabric color B to the back of the cushion.
32) Put the finished tabletop on the table and place the rectangles already with the finished hems over the top, crossing each other.
33) Pin fastening the tissues.
34) Sew around the cushion by attaching the part
from behind with the front.
35) Cut the leftovers and zigzag the machine around the cushion so it does not break.
36) Detail of the quilt frame, if you do not have the machine foot for free quilt can leave the strips without the quilt, or can do the quilt by hand.
Unhook the cushion and that's it!
Good work and see you next time !!!